||Board of Directors|
||8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
||Sunday – Thursday except designated days off, and as mandated by the Board of Directors.|
Nature and Scope of Job
The school Principal serves as the educational leader responsible for managing the policies, regulations and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe traditional learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the Principal work collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures and facility operations.
Special Knowledge / Skills
- Strong knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to coordinate school functions
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures and data
- Strong organizational, public relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills
- Provide professional leadership in organizing, administering, supervising and evaluating a creative school program.
- Establish an optional learning environment within the school.
- Ensure that all school programs and activities conform to school guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Direct the school, students and teachers towards the school’s vision, mission and the school’s goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain the vision and mission statement of the school. Involves students, staff and parents.
- Develop a program plan for the school that includes instruction, performance, technology and areas of special emphasis.
- Supervises the staff and the program and ensures that all students are receiving the highest level of education as possible.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibilities for behavior.
- Manage evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operations and functions of the school consistent with the vision, mission, values and goals of the school including:
- Instructional programs
- Extracurricular activities
- Discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate
- Program evaluation
- Personnel management
- Emergency procedures
- Plans, sets and implements goals to improve student achievement
- Understand student requirements and academic standards.
- Analyze student achievement results.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Directs and coordinates educational and administrative activities of the school.
- Develops and evaluates educational programs to ensure adherence to school Board of Directors.
- Develops and coordinate educational programs through meetings with staff and review of teacher activities.
- Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high moral among staff and students.
- Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect. Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents, and school personnel.
- Serve as a role model for students, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession.
- Observe and evaluate teacher’s performance and reports any continuing problematic areas to the Board of Directors.
- Keep the Board of Directors advised of employees not meeting their contractual agreement.
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Conduct meetings, as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
- Establish and maintain an effective inventory system for all school supplies, materials and equipment.
- Review any necessary changes in instructional material.
- Establish procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities.
- Develop and clearly understand procedures for emergency and disasters. Provide regular emergency and disaster drills.
- Establish schedules and procedures for the supervision of students in non-classroom areas.
- Meet with teachers and parents to review any educational and behavioral problems in school.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the students in the school.
- Use excellent written oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and teachers.
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain accurate attendance records.
- Interview and make recommendations for hiring of new instructors.
- Establish and schedule staff development workshop to improve staff skill levels.
- Develop school policies and procedures to maintain effective running operations of the school facility
- Establish procedures for reviewing current policies and procedures for changes as needed.
- Prepare written reports to document any areas of concern and provide a copy of the written reports to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare budget allocated to the school.
- Build common vision for school improvement with staff.
- Identify, analyze and apply research finding to promote school improvement.
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all confidential school records.
- Ensure that student records are complete and current.
- Organize and supervise procedures for identifying and addressing special needs of students including health-relating concerns, and physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Maintain positive cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with staff and parents.
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally, and spiritually.
- Enforce uniform policy and appearance policy so as to ensure a school environment that is focused on group spiritual and academic achievement rather than on individual.
- Provide and supervise a safe recreation and play period for the students.
Mental Demands / Physical Demands / Environmental Factors
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
- Frequent walking, climbing, bending, and stooping.
Note: Job description is reviewed on a regular basis and is revised to reflect the changing role of the Principal and the priorities of EIS.
Disciplinary action will be taken in regard to frequent absences, inability to perform professional duties as designated in the above job description. Also disciplinary action will be taken in regard to any impolite behavior in regards to parents, visitors or staff members.
Disciplinary measures include but are not limited to verbal written warning and counseling about behavior / inability to perform professional duties etc…. and / or possible termination / release of duties as designated by the Board of Directors at EIS.
Amount of salary paid upon termination / release of responsibilities is dependent on the number of days worked in the pay period.
I have read and understand the above job description for Principal and agree to the terms listed above.
|Signature of Employee