||Stage Principal / Stage Supervisor|
||8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
||Sunday – Thursday except designated days off, and as mandated by the Board of Directors.|
Position Description - Qualifications
- Must have past experience as an instructor and / or general diploma in Education.
- Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of the schools system and structure, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to adhere to school standards and regulations.
- Must have the ability to work with others, effective communication skills and ability to deal with a diverse group of co-workers and a diversity of people.
- Excellent memory and organizational abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and assist wherever needed.
- Willingness to learn new things and eagerness to acquire new skills.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Works independently with little direct supervision.
- Works as part of a team.
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve academic goals.
Job Function and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Working in liaison with other members of staff to assist in promoting a solid educational background and environment to aid in the student’s academic learning.
- To assist in the development of educational training programs for instructors to ensure adherence to school board and school standards.
- Define, promote awareness of and maintain adopted curriculum and program support.
- Assist with review of teacher performance in the classroom through observation and reports any problematic areas to the Stage Principal and / or StageSupervisor.
- Develop an action plan for program improvement.
- Assist in preparing any written reports and / or agenda’s to document any areas of concern, monitoring of school activities and / or functions and / or statistics and provide a copy of the written report to the Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor.
- May assist with creating, editing, and formatting correspondence and other written materials for internal use of the school system with the Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor.
- Request new materials and equipment in order to provide instructional support to teach in their attempts to meet curricular outcomes.
- Assess the need for instructional resources based on teacher input as required by the curriculum cycle.
- Facilitate and be knowledgeable of information resources and technology use of instruction.
- Meet with other subject coordinators, teachers, educational supervisor to:
- Evaluate, develop, monitor, and plan implementation of curriculum
- Develop, implement, and monitor an action plan for the subject area
- Ensure program continuity
- Work closely with the Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor to:
Keep them informed regarding efforts, projects, feedback, etc.
Provide information regarding implementation of the curriculum and the subject area action plan.
Follow up on curriculum decision.
Provide accurate, substantive feedback in a timely manner.
- Required to attend all faculty meeting.
- Work in co-ordination with the Stage Principal and / or Stage Supervisor to secure the execution of the school strategies and vision.
- To participate in preparing and organizing different trips, events and celebrations.
- To promote teamwork and to motivate staff to ensure effective working relations.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Teachers performing service in this position classification will exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work frequently involves standing, sitting and walking.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the mutual dexterity to operate business related equipment and handle the work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
The mental requirements indicated below are examples of the mental aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Must have the ability to instruct and maintain emotion control under stress.
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours
Note: Job description is reviewed on a regular basis and is revised to reflect the changing role of the Subject Coordinator and the priorities of EIS.
Disciplinary action will be taken in regard to frequent absences, inability to perform professional duties as designated in the above job description. Also disciplinary action will be taken in regard to any impolite behavior in regards to parents, visitors or staff members.
Disciplinary measures include but are not limited to verbal written warning and counseling about behavior / inability to perform professional duties etc…. and / or possible termination / release of duties as designated by the Board of Directors at EIS.
Amount of salary paid upon termination / release of responsibilities is dependent on the number of days worked in the pay period.
I have read and understand the above job description for Subject Coordinator and agree to the terms listed above.
|Signature of Employee