EIS believes that a successful school is the result of building a strong communication network. Our goal is to create a school that emphasizes a partnership between school and family, providing an environment of openness, responsiveness and communication. An environment that places the child's wellbeing at the center.
Communication between parents, teachers and administrators is vital for our students' success. Therefore, we have systems in place to ensure that parents are regularly informed of their child's growth and success.
Our home/school communication strategies include:
- parent/teacher conferences to be held twice a year
- scheduled individual meetings
- regular EIS newsletters
- invitations to plays, presentations and performances
- progress reports and report cards to be distributed each term
- letters and calendars outlining school activities and events
Please note that requests for individual teacher conferences must be organized two days in advance. A scheduled appointment is required.
High School Parent Conferences
Formal parent/teacher conferences are held twice a year, once in November and once in April. Dates are also printed in each Student Planner. More information on formal conferences is sent home prior to the conference dates.